WeLoveCSS Logo
Home Profile Members Search Rules Help New Posts

WeLoveCSS > WEB DESIGN > Browser Compatibility > Menu problem when viewing in Chrome

Old 2nd January 15, 08:53 PM   #1
dtejada
WLC Lover

Default Menu problem when viewing in Chrome

HELP!!! I just went live with this web site after it sat around since July waiting for approval. It's in Wordpress (Sensitive theme) and I didn't realize what a problem the theme was until I went live and took down my construction page. So far I've gotten most of that taken care of (after 3 days) but now I see that when I view the site in Chrome, it changes the horizontal menu into that little stack of lines you usually get when viewing on a hand-held such as a phone. The site looks fine in Firefox and Safari on Mac, and even works on my old PC running IE8.

It's not following the navigation's CSS rules and I don't know how to trouble-shoot CSS problems on Chrome.

Please help me! http://plantekinc.com/
dtejada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 15, 02:15 PM   #2
meesa
WLC Mod

Default Re: Menu problem when viewing in Chrome

Looks fine to me. Have you tried clearing your cache?
Old 3rd January 15, 03:33 PM   #3
dtejada
WLC Lover

Meesa, thank you, I did keep clearing my cache. But last night when I went back to the site it looked okay. Not sure what that was about.

Someone did make a comment that if my screen is not opened wide enough, the navigation will turn into those little bars instead of the normal links (the way they look on a phone, for instance). So maybe that's what was happening.

Would you know if there's a way to prevent that change in navigation? I tried that this morning and it puts the links in a vertical column on the left of the page, it's almost impossible to see or read them. I would prefer if the menu wrapped instead.
Old 3rd January 15, 03:50 PM   #4
meesa
WLC Mod

I'm not familiar with working on WP themes, however, I do know that yes, if the window is too narrow, it will act like it's a mobile device, as it should. If under that status, it's not readable, that's a flaw in the theme itself.
Old 3rd January 15, 03:52 PM   #5
dtejada
WLC Lover

Okay, thank you.

Linear Mode Linear Mode