22nd June 11, 04:16 PM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Re: Making my site IE7 compatible.
Most of my problems were solved by removing the #s I used to comment out items in my stylesheet. Not sure why I even did it, but while most other browsers just ignored the #s, ie7 pretended the # wasn't there and just did the clear:both or margin-left: 500px anyway.
Here's an example of what I mean:
In this case, most browsers would ignore the
while IE7 executed it.
My only other problem (the main-content div sitting at the top of the page) was fixed by removing an extraneous clear:both.
Easier than I thought it might be.
BTW: I figured out exactly where to start looking for problems with margins, by process of elimination. I deleted the divs that I thought were causing horizontal scroll bars to appear and when I found the scrollbars disappeared, I knew where to look in the CSS for the problem.