WeLoveCSS Logo
Home Profile Members Search Rules Help New Posts

WeLoveCSS > WEB DESIGN > Browser Compatibility > Need help with CSS menu / browser compatibility

Old 4th May 11, 12:19 AM   #1
Marion2318
WLC Member

Default Need help with CSS menu / browser compatibility

Hello all, I've had a heck of a time with a client's site located here:

http://polosprings.blueskycolorado.net/

Once I get it working properly in one browser, I lose it in another browser. I'm not very experienced yet at knowing the tricks to make it work correctly in one browser without hosing it up in another. To add to the problem, I'm on a Mac and simply using IE Net Renderer to see the problems.

Could someone perhaps take a look and see if they can see what I'm dong wrong? The gray background color of the menu bar seems to faithfully extend across the width of the header correctly, but the cells that house the one-pixel separator lines do not extend all the way across.

When I adjust my padding:6px 20px 6px 20px; for the navbar, it may look perfect in Firefox but then the navbar drops down to two lines in another browser when I adjust the padding. I need it to stretch 100% across the header image there. And if a new page is added to the menu, it will definitely ruin things...how do I make that fluid so it changes according to how many links are there? I'd love to figure out how to fix it so if another link is added to the menu, the boxes adjust to make room...what am I doing wrong? Can someone help me at least correct this so it looks right in IE 7 & 8, Firefox, Chrome and Safari?

Thank you very much for any advice you can provide! I've been trying to figure this out for weeks and it's fried me.
Marion2318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 11, 12:21 AM   #2
Marion2318
WLC Member

Default Re: Need help with CSS menu / browser compatibility

Quick clarification: The menu on the home page is in a different place on inside pages, which is where I was mostly referring to stretching across the entire width of the header image...the home page doesn't have a header image...it's not stretching all the way across either, but you can really see the problem better when going to an inside page....thank you
Marion2318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linear Mode Linear Mode