WeLoveCSS Logo
Home Profile Members Search Rules Help New Posts

WeLoveCSS > WeLoveCSS > News & Announcements > Suggestions & Feedback > Idea: developing together

Old 18th April 06, 04:08 PM   #1
Martijn
WLC Lover

Default Idea: developing together

Whilst browsing this lovely forum today I had an idea. I haven`t talked to other members about this so I don`t know if any members are interested but I thought I`d post it anyway.

I had an idea where welovecss members work on "fake" real projects together. <-- that probably doesn`t make any sense so here are some examples of what "we" could do.

1: develop a submission for zen garden
2: develop one or multiple kick-ass css based websites for high-end css showcases online
3: making up, developing and designing fake company websites. e.g. we make up a client brief (name, company type, goals etc.. etc..) and develop a website as a group.

These are some of things anyone interested can participate in.

Benefits of doing this include;

1: a fun way to gain knowledge
2: a fun way to get some more portfolio work
3: a good chance to get showcased

Maybe when we get a few things done we can design/develop a "frontpage" aswell were we showcase welovecss work and members who worked on it etc...

This is just an idea that came to me today so leemme know what you think and if you would want to be part of it.

Martijn

ps. if this is against forum policy remove this thread!
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 06, 04:11 PM   #2
inno
WLC Lover

Default Re: Idea: developing together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn
Whilst browsing this lovely forum today I had an idea. I haven`t talked to other members about this so I don`t know if any members are interested but I thought I`d post it anyway.

I had an idea where welovecss members work on "fake" real projects together. <-- that probably doesn`t make any sense so here are some examples of what "we" could do.

1: develop a submission for zen garden
2: develop one or multiple kick-ass css based websites for high-end css showcases online
3: making up, developing and designing fake company websites. e.g. we make up a client brief (name, company type, goals etc.. etc..) and develop a website as a group.

These are some of things anyone interested can participate in.

Benefits of doing this include;

1: a fun way to gain knowledge
2: a fun way to get some more portfolio work
3: a good chance to get showcased

Maybe when we get a few things done we can design/develop a "frontpage" aswell were we showcase welovecss work and members who worked on it etc...

This is just an idea that came to me today so leemme know what you think and if you would want to be part of it.

Martijn

ps. if this is against forum policy remove this thread!
I'm on laptop on the bus, I just had to answer to this thread, in fact WLC member jokke and me is working on a css-based, kick-ass-css-site showcase gallery, which will be done in some months. Other than that I think this is a really neat idea, I'm up for the css garden stylesheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 06, 01:16 AM   #3
marks
WLC Lover

Sounds interesting. Being a logistical guy, "we" (WLC as a community) could maybe use a CVS/SVN like application to share and commit to certain parts of this "fake website real design" project..
marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 06, 06:33 PM   #4
Martijn
WLC Lover

not many people interested in this I guess.
Old 19th April 06, 07:59 PM   #5
Nemus
WLC Lover

I would normally be interested alot in this kind of project but now I just haven't got the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 06, 08:07 PM   #6
Martijn
WLC Lover

well i`d like to point out to everyone that has the same time "problem" as Nemus that this thread is merely to see who likes the idea. I understand if people don`t have much time this month but for example have time next month..... Because if the idea is liked we can just start doing stuff knowing that sooner or later more people will join in and help/give feedback/do some project management etc....
Old 20th April 06, 02:03 PM   #7
DarkSuiyoken
WLC Member

Although my CSS knowledge and skill is limited, I do think this is a great idea.

I have tried submitting a CSS Zen Garden design before:
http://www.designfission.com/csszen

I would like to help in any way that I can. =) It all sounds very exciting!
DarkSuiyoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 06, 02:12 PM   #8
Jen
WLC Admin

Martijn, when this community grows we may do this project, if many members are interested to participate.

Martijn's quote below, read my bold texts:
1: develop a submission for zen garden -[How? or you mean start our own?]
2: develop one or multiple kick-ass css based websites for high-end css showcases online [I have enough projects, I'm going to have this for Designlicious.com]
3: making up, developing and designing fake company websites. e.g. we make up a client brief (name, company type, goals etc.. etc..) and develop a website as a group. [Free Competition and allowed to put in portfolio?]

DarkSuiyoken, does CSS Zen Garden accept each designs?
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 06, 05:38 PM   #9
Nemus
WLC Lover

Quote:
DarkSuiyoken, does CSS Zen Garden accept each designs?
I don't think they do. They only aprove those with a kickass design.

Nemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 06, 06:49 PM   #10
Jen
WLC Admin

We could have submission Wordpress skins or CSS layouts. Possibly CSS layouts of this forum skin but CSS layout should be different styles eg. 3 columns or 1 page with 4 areas. This'll help newbies to learn css codes in open source. Credit will be provided "Designed by namehere" and "Brought to you by WLC". It is like CSS Zen Garden. What do you think?
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Linear Mode Linear Mode