WeLoveCSS Logo
Home Profile Members Search Rules Help New Posts

WeLoveCSS > WEB DESIGN > CSS > Properly scale div with nested divs

Old 22nd August 08, 12:51 PM   #1
elitecodex
WLC Member

Default Properly scale div with nested divs

Hello everyone. I have a website Im working on and am having a bit of a problem. Im trying to do my first completely table-less design. So on that note, I have lots of DIVs to place things where I want.

I basically have a "global" div with a background color and a border, and the contents of that global div are a series of nested divs each of which have a specific height (on most of them at least).

The problem Im having is that I have to set the height of the global div manually in order for all the nested divs to appear that they are "on the div". This poses a problem for one page that only has about 200px of divs and another that needs about 800px. Lots of empty space...

Whats the best way to fix this? Im done searching on google and have not found any good answers except multiple <br> or just changing the height on every page. I can't be the only person with this problem

Thanks in advance!!

PS: My website is valid according to W3C XHTML Strict and CSS.
elitecodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 08, 03:31 PM   #2
elitecodex
WLC Member

Default Re: Properly scale div with nested divs

Nevermind... I decided to just "structure" my content in a single cell table. Not my preferred choice, but it works.
elitecodex is offline   Reply With Quote

Linear Mode Linear Mode