WeLoveCSS Logo
Home Profile Members Search Rules Help New Posts

WeLoveCSS > SOCIAL CHAT > Website Gallery > Irish Gifts website - looking for feedback for our new design

Old 28th November 12, 12:28 AM   #1
barricades
WLC Member

Default Irish Gifts website - looking for feedback for our new design

Hi all, we've just re-launched our website and looking for feedback from the community.

I'm interested in people's opinions on how the website works as well as the look and feel. So if you fancy having a look around that'd be nice of you.

In particular, is it easy to navigate and find what you are looking for? Does the site layout render OK on your machine/OS/browser?

Any suggestions or comments?

Here's the site - I hope you like it:
http://www.traditionalirishgifts.com

(if you do like it please consider clicking the wee likey facebook icon
barricades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 12, 09:38 PM   #2
meesa
WLC Mod

Default Re: Irish Gifts website - looking for feedback for our new design

A year later and you finally finished it, eh? Looks pretty good. Things noticed:
  • When on the menu, kepe the top menu buttons highlighted when the mouse is on the drop down.
  • You can't use the price search, when you go to it, it disappears.
  • Make sure your products are only two lines long, or it overlaps with the price. (You have that issue a couple times.)
  • Not a fan of the quantity and add to cart buttons on the product list. I'd suggest just the add to cart, or neither, but that's just me.
  • Set outline to 0 for links, or everything.
  • No need to have your two lines be in two links, just combine them and use a <br /> element.
  • Some of your links aren't links at the bottom.
  • Why is the last element on your dropdown have a larger size font?
  • [Future Update] When filtering products, make it automatic with AJAX.
  • Guest checkout?
  • I'm not going to create an account, is the payment page secure? Your login page isn't. A program as simple as Cain and Abel can get the username/password. You need to encrypt that kind of data.

That's all for now.
Old 29th November 12, 08:17 PM   #3
barricades
WLC Member

Hi Meesa, yeah it's taken a while to get it all sorted!

Thanks for pointing out some things. Can I ask what device and browser you are using?

You said "make sure your products are only two lines long, or it overlaps with the price" I'm not sure where you are seeing this?
Old 29th November 12, 09:47 PM   #4
meesa
WLC Mod

I'm in IE9. I see the triple line issue on the front page. Glass Guinness Tankard (Dimple pint... is one product that does it.
Old 5th December 12, 02:12 AM   #5
jcross
WLC Lover

Things I notice:
1. It bothers me when you hover over children of a mainnav element and the parent doesn't stay highlighted, and that the menu disappears the second my mouse accidentally mouses out by 1 pixel. Try superfish for hover intent and parent element styling.

2. I don't like that every item has only in front of the price. Maybe that's just personal preference, but it seems to unnecessarily clutter the page.

3. I love the alternate monetary amounts for your shopping cart at top right, but the first 3 are difficult to click on. Maybe add a bit of left/right padding to those anchors?

4. This is nitpicky, but I wish that in the "We're here to hlep box" where you mention "If you need...contact us and we'll..." that you would link "contact us' to your contact page; help me out, don't make me look for it.

5. I found an issue on your single product show page in the "people who bought this also purchased" area, specifically on the Jamesin Irish Whiskey Marmalade item. SS below

6. After I add an item to my cart, the "successfully added products to cart" bar is a bit inconspicuous. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't notice it at all.

7. Price range in the main nav is odd to me -- I haven't seen that used functionality brought into the main nav before. Plus it doesn't fit since the rest of the links are product categories.

8. On product list pages, the add to cart button is hugging the quantity input box. Can it get a few pixels margin? http://www.traditionalirishgifts.com...chandise?cts=c

9. Also on the product list pages, I would like to see a 1px line separating each item with a bit of padding. They seem piled on top of each other.

10. The styling of your pagination seems like an afterthought, like it's using that default blue link color from the 90's. The site looks great; bring this detail into awesomeness.

11. Enlarging a product image does so in a popup window. There has to be a better way!

12. The text on the search results page is tiny. It also looks like the padding on #centerColumn is nonexistent.
Old 5th December 12, 02:06 PM   #6
barricades
WLC Member

@jcross, hi and thanks for the comprehensive review. I sorted out some of the issues you mentioned and I'll get to work on the others, thanks again!
Old 17th January 13, 02:56 PM   #7
pieterbolk
WLC Member

It looks pretty good
pieterbolk is offline   Reply With Quote

Linear Mode Linear Mode