WeLoveCSS Logo
Home Profile Members Search Rules Help New Posts

WeLoveCSS > WEB DESIGN > Browser Compatibility > [SOLVED] font size differing between chromium and other browsers

Old 14th December 12, 06:04 PM   #1
tunist
WLC Member

Default font size differing between chromium and other browsers

i recently converted the graphical header of a website to be constructed instead of HTML text and span tags with CSS, to optimise the data transfer.
i used letter-spacing and many span tags to recreate the effect that had previously been created in a gfx editor and rendered to a png file.

when i view the text in chromium it shows how i want it to.. in firefox and ie9 however, the text appears much bigger for one particular font and i don't know why. i have changed the css to use em values, % values and px values and still the same.

does anyone have an idea why that is?
i am using a font-face kit, but as far as i can see presently; that is not the caus e of the issue.

you can see the site here: http://www.infiniteeureka.com

thanks all
tunist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 12, 11:35 PM   #2
meesa
WLC Mod

Default Re: font size differing between chromium and other browsers

Those kinds of things are better kept pictures. Do you have a reason you want them text?
Old 15th December 12, 11:45 AM   #3
tunist
WLC Member

to reduce page load size, since presently, it is at 0.5MB.. reduced already via gzip and other customisations from 1.2-1.4 MB.

the header itself is fine as it is with css and text, except that the font size of the main text renders different sizes in different browsers. the issue is not one of minor size differences.. the text renders double the size in some browsers as compared to others!
Old 15th December 12, 02:56 PM   #4
meesa
WLC Mod

That isn't that bad of a page load.

Between Chrome and IE8-IE10, they look the same. Have you tried clearing your cache?
Old 13th May 13, 10:46 AM   #5
tunist
WLC Member

i have corrected the css/html in my own way now; so now the appearance is fairly similar across the browsers.
i restructured the HTML slightly and some css tags..
i'm not recalling presently exactly what i changed - the solution was not obvious and also not complicated once i found it.

Linear Mode Linear Mode