WeLoveCSS Logo
Home Profile Members Search Rules Help New Posts

WeLoveCSS > WEB DESIGN > CSS > CSS Advice for template, how to's?

Old 13th May 11, 01:03 PM   #1
jigsawsoul
WLC Member

Default CSS Advice for template, how to's?

website url
http://vnghq.umexr.servertrust.com/

template design jpeg
http://vnghq.umexr.servertrust.com/v/homepage.jpeg

This is my first time coding a psd to html/css, I have a few css design questions and how to's I would like to ask you guys, I have three issues.

1. I have tiled a background of the fading black to white image. But as you can see from the design image, there is a slight glow either side of the top half of the container, I can't seem to find a solution on how to add this.

2. The main container div. has a gray border of 10px left and right. In the design this border as a slight fade from grey to white. Can I add background images to a border within css? I can't seem to find away of how to go about this.

3. The footer of the website isn't fixed to stay at the bottom of the web page, how I would like but can't seem how to do this within my code, am I doing something wrong? the footer is only staying at the bottom of the page as my container height is set high to keep it there. But i would like the container height set to 100% and not fix but the footer to remain in place and alway at the bottom.

thanks for reading this guys, and helping out this new guy.
jigsawsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 11, 01:39 PM   #2
DesigningStudio
Banned

Default Re: CSS Advice for template, how to's?

1. Before div id container there should be another div give width 100% and call the lightening image in this div with center top as position.

2. crop that bg from psd with width 940 px and height 1 px and call this as bg image for main container

3. Its simple add the footer height value as height to a div which is just after container and make footer div position fixed.
DesigningStudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 11, 02:22 PM   #3
jigsawsoul
WLC Member

1. Before div id container there should be another div give width 100% and call the lightening image in this div with center top as position.

Do you mind giving me a example of the code on how to do this?

3. Its simple add the footer height value as height to a div which is just after container and make footer div position fixed.

Sorry I don't really understand, could you go into more detail thanks
Old 13th May 11, 02:41 PM   #4
jigsawsoul
WLC Member

I've managed to add the image as the background to get the border effect thanks.

http://vnghq.umexr.servertrust.com/

it's just the other two im still stuck on, could anyone help me thanks.
Old 13th May 11, 05:03 PM   #5
meesa
WLC Mod

Well, I'll assume you fixed #1, since I don't see a glow. For #2, put some padding on the element, and set a background that has it.

#3 What do you mean by fixed? For me in IE8, it's at the bottom. A bit too far actually.

Linear Mode Linear Mode